- Foam Rollers: A Tool for Total Body Workout Recovery
- Best Foam Rollers: The Contenders
- In Depth Foam Roller Reviews
- ListofFit Best Foam Roller: WODFitters Muscle Foam Roller
Foam Rollers: A Tool for Total Body Workout Recovery
Healing and protecting the muscles is just as essential as exercise and fitness. Anyone who gives importance to fitness training is aware of the many benefits of using foam rollers. These amazingly effective tools are at your disposal for not only physique-building but also for recovery and injury prevention. Athletes from different parts of the world have become dependent on foam rollers, courtesy of their impressive functionality. Foam Rollers effectively boost overall performance and health. They are highly appreciated for self-myofascial release (SMR). The exercise tools are particularly great for enhancing post-workout recoveries.
If you are tired of lingering aches and pains, it is time to buy a new foam roller. The best foam rollers from different brands may look the same, but there is a massive difference in functionality. ListofFit has taken steps to evaluate some of the most renowned foam roller brands in the world in an attempt to discover which foam roller ranks above others in quality and performance.
Best Foam Rollers: The Contenders
- Pros: The lightweight material makes this foam roller very portable. This roller is great for myofascial release and is available in a myriad of colors. Hence, you can buy one that best suits your personality.
- Cons: The foam roller is quite narrow, making it less compatible for people with larger body frames. The ridges are not firm enough and therefore, do not always lead to expected result.
- Bottom Line: The Master of Muscle foam roller allows fast relief from post-workout pain. It is effective and easy to travel with.
- Pros: The compact size of this roller and less-foam content allows effective and targeted massage. The unique build of the exercise tool makes the foam roller very durable. It has been specifically designed for consistent use. It also comes in 5 cool color options.
- Cons: The GRID Foam Roller is designed for experienced people and not an ideal choice for beginners. The tool is also a bit on the pricier side, when compared to the alternatives.
- Bottom Line: The texture and material of this foam roller is different but it is still an ideal option for those who want targeted massage.
- Pros: The roller is versatile and available in 3 different sizes. Because it is made of eco-friendly EVA foam, it will not wear and tear easily.
- Cons: The material is too firm for some users.The foam roller can be uncomfortable for massaging the lower back.
- Bottom Line: With an affordable price range, these foam rollers are great for athletes of all shapes and sizes.
- Pros: The product comes with a 5-year warranty. The build is of superior quality and there is little scope of chipping. It also offers 100% money back guarantee.
- Cons: The King Athletic Foam Roller is heavier than the usual ones, making it difficult to carry. It is also comparatively more expensive.
- Bottom Line: This exercise tool is often described to be better than the foam rollers found in gyms. If you can overlook the weight, the price is totally worth every penny.
- Pros: It is sturdy and compact. The foam roller is slightly soft, but gets deep into the tissue. The patterns reinvigorate and stimulate muscles evenly.
- Cons: The WOD Fitters Muscle Foam Rollers do not come with color variations. Neither does the foam rollers have options for sizes.
- Bottom Line: This is recommended by most professionals because of the quality and effectiveness.
In Depth Foam Roller Reviews
Master of Muscle is known for providing fitness obsessed individuals with high quality foam rollers along with a wide array of athletic equipment.The 13-inch foam rollers are ideal for anyone suffering from prior muscle injury or hoping to prevent cramps. Firm EVA foam allows deep tissue massage. The advanced matrix foam nodules in the product can be a catalyst for pain relief. It has dual pressure zones which can help control the pressure.
The discounted price of the Master of Muscle BEST Foam Rollers is around $25. This is very competitive pricing compared to alternatives. It’s great value for money as the product reduces inflammation and pain quite effectively. An instruction manual is provided for free with each purchase and there is also 100% money-back guarantee. Members of the Master of Muscle VIP Club can enjoy special discounts and prices.
The Foam Roller by Master of Muscle grants muscle soreness relief in key areas such as neck, knee, lower and upper back, quads, hamstrings and shoulders. It is an appealing choice for athletes seeking streamlined recover. It is so lightweight and portable that you can easily carry it around in the gym bag. It can eliminate the usual post-workout pains. Irrespective of the kind of physical activities you engage in, you can rely on this product to massage the body and alleviate any sort of physical discomfort. Be it as engaging as weightlifting or as flexible as yoga, the foam roller will relax stiff muscles. It can break down scar tissue and also help in injury rehabilitation. Even though the recuperation time can be accelerated, this foam roller only comes in one size.
2. TriggerPoint GRID Foam Roller
The 13-inch GRID Foam Roller is 3-dimensional; a feature which enables the tissue to ventilate when user rolls. This effectively enhances blood and oxygen flow and ensures muscles repair. It helps maintain healthy tissue. GRID foam rollers by Trigger Point with extra dense foam feature a patented design which provides a multi-density exterior. The inside is rigid and hollow, which allows the product to maintain its shape and integrity. TriggerPoint’s GRID foam rollers are available in three sizes and two different densities. There are 2 variations along the original: the 26-inch GRID 2.0 and the 4-inch GRID Mini version.
Priced around the $40 mark, this TriggerPoint serves its purpose right. However, this is not the right investment for beginners who cannot really take full advantage of the foam roller. If you buy the TriggerPoint GRID foam roller, you will get free access to the product’s online instruction videos where experts from the company demonstrate the ideal foam roller techniques. In addition to that, the product comes with a 1-year warranty.
The durability of GRID has been proven repeatedly. It is an exercise tool trusted by athletic trainers, professional athletes,physical therapists and massage therapists. It is commonly used to roll on tight muscles, kinks and knots with the intention to reduce soreness. It improves mobility. Regularly using the GRID will increase flexibility and decrease muscle pain. It can also prevent and recover injuries. Using the foam roller can improve your balance and prepare your body to perform at its best.
3. The Foam Roller by Rolling With It
Rolling with It is not as popular as the other sport brands in this list. That being said, its foam roller has surely garnered some attention in recent times. This foam roller by Rolling with It is also made with EVA foam, which is renowned for its eco-friendly nature. The product does not contain traces of Chlorine and the EVA foam is also 100% recyclable. The professional grade EVA foam content also means that the foam roller will not chip or flake easily. The roller can withstand the load of heavy usage and is expected to hold its shape for a very long period of time. The foam density is best for advanced level users. The product comes in 3 different sizes:36 X 6 inches, 18 X 6 inches and 13 X 6 inches.
Price of this produce varies from $19.95 – $39.97, depending on the size. Even though it is very durable, some people find the material to be too firm for beginner users. Lack of ridges is perhaps why lower back massages are not as effective as expected. In case you do not like the product, there is a 100% no questions asked return policy.
The sturdy nature of this foam roller is something that many professionals admire. It is recommended by many physical therapists, chiropractors and personal trainers. It is made of very high quality content and the density of EVA foam is admired. It is durable enough to cater to the heaviest of users. Many consumers appreciate the availability of multiple sizes.
4. King Athletic Foam Roller
The foam roller set comes with 3 special surface pattern finishes, each one designed to exert different pressure types on the user’s muscles. The hollow core foam roller can withstand heavy and repeated use. The tool has been designed in accordance to the latest developments in sports therapy research. It helps in the release of muscle tension and also speeds up recovery. The offer includes a free carrying case and the soft foam roller with the hollow core foam roller.
The King Athletic Foam Rollers cost around $25. Even though the price is for the package, it is still more expensive than the other options in the market. The package comes with a 5-year replacement warranty for wear and tear and 30-day 100% money back guarantee. If you face any issues with the foam roller, you can demand a new one or ask for a full refund.
The hard roller is ideal for large muscles like the quadriceps and hamstrings that call for rigorous pressure. The soft roller, on the other hand, is great for times when muscles are fatigued and require recovery.The King Athletic Foam Roller covers all areas of the body, and most people like having 2 separate tools to do so. It is quite heavy and portability is hindered, but the foam roller is a great addition to your gym equipment.
5. WODFitters Muscle Foam Roller
WODFitters Foam Roller for Trigger Point Massage and Recovery can cut your recovery time in half. It is made of high-density foam and flaunts specially designed patterns. These textures enable the foam roller to reinvigorate and stimulate your muscles evenly. The durable material protects the foam from heat and water. It is also bacteria resistant. You can choose to buy from 2 color options: red and black.
This muscle foam roller costs about $28 but if you order from the website, you can enjoy various discounts. You can get 10% off your purchase if you use the coupon code “CYBER10.” Even without the codes and offers, the premium quality justifies the price of the foam roller.
The WODFitters Roller has been built to perform at an optimal level. It is not the heaviest product in the market by any stretch of the imagination, so you can easily carry it from your home to the gym. The tool is great for high intensity exercises. Beginners can use it but it is better suited for athletes. It works well for scar tissue, tight muscles, adhesion and knots. The size of this foam roller is almost 13 inches. This glossy design gives it a nice look and the petite size makes it an ideal travel roller.
ListofFit Best Foam Roller: WODFitters Muscle Foam Roller
Anyone who is looking to buy the best foam roller should carefully assess all the available options. Each foam roller should be judged based on individual features and attributes that have been discussed in this review. All of these exercise tools are pretty impressive, but you have to decide which one is ideal for you depending on your physique and personal requirements. If you are hoping to buy a foam roller for regular use, the WODFitters Muscle Foam Roller seems to be the right choice.
The reason why critics believe that this product is a state of the art foam roller is because it has very few flaws. The King Athletic Foam Roller is quite similar to the WODFitters equipment but the latter is lighter and thus more portable. Ultimately, it is very important to know the kind of characteristics you want in your foam roller and how you can make the best use of those features. If this product is not used appropriately, you may experience a delayed recovery from your injury. Affordability might be a concern for some consumers. However, the quality and performance of this product makes the price tag look quite reasonable. All in all, the WODFitters Foam Rollers provides amazing value for money, which makes it a top foam roller choice for most buyers.